Pemberton High
Welcome to Pemberton High!

If you register, you will be able to see the entire site; however, as a guest, you can see only parts, so you know what you should do! Very Happy

Please make sure your username is your characters name with a space and make sure you make a profile.

Pemberton High

A school for the offspring of the rich &powerful, plus the creatures that hide beneath the secure walls of Pemberton High.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Money, Money, Money

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gweneal Celestynka
Student
Student

PostSubject: Money, Money, Money   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:53 am

Gweneal looked around the small Cafe with wide eyes. There were so many people just... sitting about. How did they all... just...

She remembered her other times on earth briefly and pushed a bit of her wonder aside. Things were different now then they had been then, but not so much so that she did not understand how these things worked.

The girl frowned slightly as she stood by the counter.

"Yeah gunna order girlie? Or just stand there?"

Gwen jumped slightly and frowned. The food certainly looked good, and she was starting to feel that annoying prick of hunger again, but there was something she knew she...

"I'm afraid," she said in a soft voice, dripping with disappointment, "I don't have any money."

-------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dylan Damascus

PostSubject: Re: Money, Money, Money   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Dylan stepped out from behind a corner, looking around for a moment as he tried to assess where he was. He had always been used to random teleportation, as he subconsciously did it every time he wasn't doing anything. However, ever since he lost his godhood, he never knew quite just where he was.

His bright blue gaze centered on a girl who was being yelled at by a particularly rude waitress, "What do you mean you don't have any money! If you can't pay for anything then get out of here!" His eyes lit up,

"I never expected to see one of you here!" He shouted across the cafe, and cringed with a stifled laugh as people turned their heads to look at him, "Sorry!"

He walked up to the waitress, "Don't worry, I'll pay," he dug into the pocket of his worn military jacket and pulled out a stack of shiny Greek drachma.

The waitress looked at them warily, "What the hell am I supposed to do with those?"

Dylan looked down at the coins, then back up at the waitress, tossing the coins aside with an embarrassed smile, "Sorry! Wrong pocket!" He dug into the other one and pulled out a stack of hundreds, handing it to the stunned waitress, "One of everything please, and keep the change."

He sat down in front of the girl, smiling broadly, "Soo.... Gwen, Gwen, Gwenny." He gave a giddy laugh, "A traveller, a thief, and a Fallen. My, my, my we're practically destined to meet." He frowned to the side, "I should ask old Apollo about that..." He smiled and leaned back in his chair with a shrug, "Ehh, there's plenty of time to sleep later."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gweneal Celestynka
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Money, Money, Money   Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:04 am

Once more the angel jumped at the loud voice, turning from staring - almost angerly, though she'd hardly admit it - at the waitress to giving this man a wide-eyed confused look. She was getting used to this startling reflex, however this person seeming to know... her.

Or did he? Perhaps he just...

She frowned as the man spoke; he was certainly a lively sort - the kind that had inticed her before her fall. A being that seemed to show more energy than the angels she had grown around.

Gweneal had wanted to learn to be like them - but in learning to being like them... she had ended up here.

"I am not a theif! That waitress merely refused to allow me to explai-" her delicate voice raised indignatly, before she realized she was losing her calm again. Things like that would not do. She took a deep breath, and her usual serene aura returned.

"Forgive me," she said softly, as she slowly lowered herself into the seat across him. The surprised that flashed in her at him knowning what she was passed unnoticed with the who she was, "I am afriad that my memory... falling is not an easy-"

"You seem to be aware of who I am, but I am no more clear on who you are than anyone else in this room."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dylan Damascus

PostSubject: Re: Money, Money, Money   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 am

"Hey, that's okay!" Dylan said, leaning back a little in his chair, "I get it! People get way into the whole you must pay me now thing." He laughed a little, "Even I find it a little ridiculous."

He smiled up at the waitress as she began bringing in the first of their food, "Thank you, darling." His eyes widened a little as a large plate of french fries was set down in front of him, "Oh, yes. This is wonderful." A grin spread across his face as he ate three at once, "I haven't eaten in months."

"It's weird," he thought aloud, "I always get hungry, but nothing happens. I'm just... still hungry." By that point he had finished the fries and was moving on to the oysters.

He looked up at the girl, and set down the food for a moment with a smile, "Oh come, now. I've been dropping hints this whole time." Dylan made a sort of net with his fingers and rested his chin on them, almost like a child, "Guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gweneal Celestynka
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: Money, Money, Money   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:43 am

"In Months," Gweneal asked, her eyes widening, as she took in the way the man at back the food. "How do you even... manage this hunger thing. I can barely stand it when I do not eat for more than a few hours. This human buisness is always far more complicated than I orginially thought."

And she had already thought it was bad. The first time she had felt the stab of hunger, she and ignored it, not aware of what that first hint of discomfortment, having never felt it before, and having no one to ask for guidence. However, when it had grown to the point of the colloqual "Starving" she had been quite convinced she had been about to die.

Her lips pulled downward into a frown as she helped herself to food, watching the man in front of her slowly, "Games... we seem so fond of games don't we."

Still, Gwen liked to pride herself on being able to put up any challenge that came her way. Pride... another thing she had felt, that they had frowned upon. Her mind kept going back to those coins he had pulled out. She had seen them some where before, if only she could place -

"Greece," she breathed softly, looking up at the man, "You're one of the god's aren't you... Olympians, you called yourselves. You fell, once upon a time - like me... or well, not like me. You feel as a group at least. I fell alone."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money, Money, Money   

Back to top Go down

Money, Money, Money
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1