Pemberton High
Welcome to Pemberton High!

If you register, you will be able to see the entire site; however, as a guest, you can see only parts, so you know what you should do! Very Happy

Please make sure your username is your characters name with a space and make sure you make a profile.

Pemberton High

A school for the offspring of the rich &powerful, plus the creatures that hide beneath the secure walls of Pemberton High.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student

PostSubject: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 pm

"The night is young and so are we..." was the first line in Neifile Cortez's diary. She was an almost 18 year old Senior, on her way to a land of total boredom, just hanging out by herself in the common room, when she decided to write some of her thoughts down.

It was completely obvious to her that nothing major is going to happen tonight, but still, she craved that only once, something would swoop her off her feet.

With that thought, she lowered her gaze to the violet, rose smelling paper, and continued to write, with a newborn literal frenzy.

-------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexis Mavor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:57 pm

She was tired of being stuck in her room. It wasn't fun at all. She hated it it but that was what Kaylin received for asking for a private room. She almost regretted it considering most of the girls that had roommates, seemed to be having fun with each other. But the sophomore had mostly always been alone. She didn't have siblings and most of the time she spent it inside.

Kay had her Uncle Elijah... but he was an older man and he had to work. She didn't expect him to stick around for her to be entertained.

Stepping out of her room, Kay made her way toe the lounge, glancing at the empty patio before her eyes landed on a girl she somewhat recalled. It was step out of her comfort zone again but since she had already done it once, she decided it would do no harm to do it again.

Taking a seat next to the girl, she smiled.

"Hey, you're Effy, right?" She greeted her softly, a polite smile on her full lips.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Today, she was turning a new page in life, and when a girl approached her, she decided that you can never have too much friends, and that maybe it is time to make some real ones. So Effy put on her best face, closed her notebook/diary and greeted the newcomer.

"That is right, I'm Effy. Neifile, but everyone calls me Effy, and I'm glad that you started with that cause you know, Neifile is such a weird name." she chatted randomly, politely smiling to the other girl. "You're a sophomore, right? Zeklos, something, I'm sorry, I always catch last, not first names."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexis Mavor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 am

"Zeklos, yeah," she nodded, the lips twitching into a small smirk as she liked being recognized. Then again, who didn't?

Her brows creased into an unbelieving one, "Actually, I think it's real pretty name. I've never heard of it before and it's neat. Why don't you like it, if you don't mind me asking."

"Sophomore," she nodded as she made a face. She'd rather be a senior so the moment she graduated, Kaylin would be on the first bus out of here. "And you're a senior right? Luck you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:25 am

"May I ask what's your first name then?" she said through a smile, wondering why on Earth didn't she do that right away. The amused expression on her face stayed when she noticed how the girl felt good about being recognized. Maybe they had a lot more in common that she thought initially.

To be completely honest, Effy loved talking about herself. She liked to listen about other people as well, but sometimes it felt good when she was noticed by others too. "My mom is a huge fan of Giovanni Boccaccio and his book Decameron. Her favorite character in it was a girl named Neifile, and she named me after her. It appears that I am really like her, and I don't like that, you know, I'm always trying to be original, my own person. So I have a slight problem with that, that's all. Also, I'm a Latina with an Italian name, and people often mix those two up, so I got some snotty comments in the past, that's it."

The girl nodded and looked away, thinking about her future. She had no idea what she wanted to be, or where she wanted to go. Letting out a sigh, she repeated the other girl's words. "Lucky me, yeah..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexis Mavor
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:41 am

"Kaylin," she answered with her smile. Her fingers clasping together as she nervously began to twirl them, an annoying habit she had recently caught onto. "Doesn't really have a real good meaning or anything, I suppose. Well it does but it's not that cool."

As she listened to Effy's story about Giovanni Boccaccio's book, "It sounds a lot more interesting than the story that I have on my name. Have your read the book? What's it about? And if it makes you feel any better, I bet those snotty comments aren't all true."

"Not of a fan of it?" Kay asked, laughing lightly about her senior comment. "I know I would," she added quietly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞   

Back to top Go down

∞||Slow Dancing in a Burning Room||∞
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1