Pemberton High
Welcome to Pemberton High!

If you register, you will be able to see the entire site; however, as a guest, you can see only parts, so you know what you should do! Very Happy

Please make sure your username is your characters name with a space and make sure you make a profile.
Pemberton High
Welcome to Pemberton High!

If you register, you will be able to see the entire site; however, as a guest, you can see only parts, so you know what you should do! Very Happy

Please make sure your username is your characters name with a space and make sure you make a profile.
Pemberton High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pemberton High

A school for the offspring of the rich &powerful, plus the creatures that hide beneath the secure walls of Pemberton High.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Can

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oliver Green
Student
Student
Oliver Green

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 pm

He sat cross legged on the ground, his back leaning against the tree trunk behind him, his walking stick rested on his lap. It felt uncomfortable if he couldn't feel the precious weight of it somewhere on his body, without his walking stick he was lost. He would no longer be able to take care of himself, and need help of others. Unless he transformed of course, but he wasn't able to do that unless he was sure no one was watching him.

It was a bit hard to find out if anyone was there if you weren't able to look around and all you saw was black.

He could hear, and smell, the water of the Crystal Lake in front of him. Because he hadn't been able to see since birth, his other senses had strengthened. No supernatural stuff or anything, just a little more than average. He'd taught himself all the smells, all the sounds. Oliver didn't like surprises, and he preferred to avoid the unknown.

So when he heard footsteps coming closer, and he didn't recognize the way they moved, or the smell the person was carrying, he felt slightly uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student
Neifile Cortez

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Even though they weren't allowed to swim in the lake without supervision, Neifile Cortez, a 17 year old senior, often did that, trusting in her own good judgement that she wasn't going to drown in it. Sometimes, during the night, she swam there naked, enjoying the cold water on her body, which usually soothed her like a mother soothes her in pain.

It was still daylight, and when she came out from the water, she wore a one piece swimsuit, made for professional athletes. She liked they way sportswear fitted her, and how it was easier to move inside of the water while wearing special costumes.

She didn't have a towel, forgot all about it, and when she noticed a strange, unknown figure sitting against a tree, she wondered if that person was watching her bathe. With slow steps and a distant head, she approached the fella, keeping a slight distance between them.

"Hey there", the girl spoke with a soft voice, shivering when she noticed his cane. "I don't want to disturb you." She wasn't sure why she said that, especially because a few moments ago, she wanted to attack him for being an awful peeping Tom. Now that she knew he was blind, Effy felt guilty, like she was the one who did that to him.

"Are you a shape shifter?" a bit too loud cry left her body. "I somehow feel that we're the same."
Back to top Go down
Oliver Green
Student
Student
Oliver Green

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Female. He'd expected it, the smell that came with the person was softer than a male's smell, but it was also clouded by the smell of the lake, which told Oliver the girl had either been swimming, or fell into the lake. Her voice was soft and pleasant, but Oliver didn't recognize it. He didn't recognize many people at the school after all, as he didn't really socialize.

He didn't want people their pity. And with friendship came pity, something he would much rather avoid. He was perfectly fine.

"You didn't disturb me," he admitted, speaking in the direction of where he thought the girl was standing. His eyes went slightly wide at her next question, he hadn't expected such bluntness, but he immediately got what she mean when she talked about feeling that they were the same. There was a connection, something Oliver couldn't quite put his finger on, but he certainly knew was there.

"Yes, I am," he admitted, and for the first time, he didn't actually mind telling someone about his ability to shift shapes. "I assume you are one too then?"
Back to top Go down
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student
Neifile Cortez

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Of course she knew who he was. He was the guy who all the guys wanted to look liked, all the girls wanted to be with and take care of, and yet he always kept to himself, making his image of a unsociable loner well known of. People used to talk about him a lot, but through out the years, the talks have stopped, and he became less and less interesting to everyone.

She ruffled her hair, trying to dry it with her hands, playing with the ends and occasionally catching the distant smell of the lake's, to her, healing water. "I'm glad I didn't, cause, to be honest, you almost disturbed me." Effy was like that, telling the truth no matter what, always saying what's on her mind, which gave her the rep of an ruthless bitch. She didn't care about that, but sometimes it was hard not to get offended by the names people called her behind her back. At least she had the decency to say it all in their faces.

"You feel it too, right?", the brunette asked Oliver, again playing with your hair. "I know you do, I sense that too. By the way, can I call you Olly?" She said, while sitting down next to him. "Of course I am, I'm almost the shape shifter of the month. You know, they give out badges for that."
Back to top Go down
Oliver Green
Student
Student
Oliver Green

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 am

"I did?" he asked slightly surprised, his mind working quickly to figure out why. A smirk grew on his face when he realized. "Ah, you were afraid I was spying on you, weren't you?" he asked, laughter in his voice. He then brought up his hand and tapped just below his eye. "Too bad I can't actually do that," he added, focusing his eyes on where he thought hers were. He had been told that his eyes were blue, and looked like someone had spilled milk over them. Oliver had seen blue, because he knew the sky was blue, and as an animal, he had of course looked at the sky. But he wasn't sure how he would imagine his eyes to look.

He was a bit surprised when he realized she knew his name, but he shouldn't have been. He was the blind kid, the one that everyone knew. Of course she knew his name. He nodded. "Sure, go ahead. I'm sorry though, I don't know your name," he told her, running his hand through his hair before letting it fall back on his lap and he curled his fingers around his cane.

"Shape shifter of the month? Any special perks that come with that?" he asked, leaning his head back against the tree, no longer staring at where the girl was standing. He found it unnerving that she was able to read his face, but he wasn't able to read hers.
Back to top Go down
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student
Neifile Cortez

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:18 am

"Yes you did", she said through a smile. "Although I cannot say that I would be happy if you were spying on me, I'd be happy if you could at least do so. Oh, I'm sorry, I sound like I'm giving you pity." For a moment, she paused, before she continued. "My Nana is blind, and since i started kyting, I felt how it is, so I understand, it's hard. I'm glad you weren't spying on me, was the sentence I was aiming for." His bright blue eyes met her gaze for a moment, before losing focus again. "You have pretty eyes, you know. They look like you have sparkles in them, although they're amazingly light as well."

"I'm Neifile Cortez", her words came through another smile. "But I made everyone call me Effy, and I expect the same from you Olly. I like shortening names, did you notice?" From her new position next to him, her long fingers aimed for his hair, as his own hands went through it, but she stopped herself before actually touching it, freezing them in the air.

"A parking spot and a coupon for a restaurant in town", Effy said, thinking about the wet trace that she was leaving on the grass, and how it was quite uncomfortable to be sitting on it now. She felt the sticky plants attaching on her legs and back, and she wondered how long will it take her to shower it all off. "You know, all the high class, flashy awards for such a great honor."
Back to top Go down
Oliver Green
Student
Student
Oliver Green

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 am

Oliver's expression went a bit cold at her next words, but he had to remind himself about the fact she was just trying to be nice. Just trying to be nice. He bit his lip and nodded, of course, she knew what it was like, for just a moment, not always. She didn't know what it was like to be talked about, or depending on others. But she wasn't trying to be mean. "Glad we got that cleared up," he said finally, after a moment of silence.

He grew a bit uncomfortable about her compliment and shrugged. "I've never seen them, so I'll take your word for it," he said, relaxing just a bit.

"Nice to meet you Effy," he told her, giving her a small smile. "I noticed," he added. "Ah, great honor, of course," he said, shaking his head. "And everyone knowing what you're able to do, so it no longer counts as a secret power. They'll always have to distrustful of animals now, people will never be safe," he answered. "Do you have a favourite animal to turn into?" he then asked, trying to keep the conversation going.
Back to top Go down
Neifile Cortez
Student
Student
Neifile Cortez

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 am

She noticed his facial expression change, so she tried her best to let him know that she's not pitying him or will ever do so. That was the reason why she said what she said before. His lip biting was cute to her, and she felt amused, as she would have never expected him to be this normal, or fun. Or spontaneous. Or so hot from such a small distance.

"Of course", she agreed with him. "Glad we did. And as far as your eyes are concerned, I'm a really trustworthy person, so you should believe me." Then she added for no reason at all. "My eyes are dark brown, actually black. People tell me that they are as black as night, and they are too round if you ask me. You know, I feel like you saw my eyes already. When you see the dark, you see a part of me too, and that's strangely calming to me."

Even if he couldn't see it, she flashed him with her pearly whites, radiantly smiling and looking at the water in front of them. "Nice to meet you too, Oliver Green, now also known as Olly."

He said a lot of things at once, and she thought about what she was going to respond to. Finally she spoke. "Don't you feel it? I'm a wolfy!" Effy howled and continued to speak. "And how bout you? Any favorite animals and can you change your human appearance as well? Do you kyte too?" She had as much questions for him as he did for her, even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone Can Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Can   Anyone Can Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Can
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pemberton High :: OOC Chat :: Archives-
Jump to: