Pemberton High
Welcome to Pemberton High!

If you register, you will be able to see the entire site; however, as a guest, you can see only parts, so you know what you should do! Very Happy

Please make sure your username is your characters name with a space and make sure you make a profile.

Pemberton High

A school for the offspring of the rich &powerful, plus the creatures that hide beneath the secure walls of Pemberton High.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

All the children are crying make them stop.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: All the children are crying make them stop.    Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 am

Claude wasn't sure he'd actually processed what happened. What he'd found on Rhea's floor was burnt into his retina, her words echoing in his head. Was this really happening? Since when did he let himself get so...attached?

He stumbled into his room, distant look in his eyes, feeling tears threatening to fall. He didn't cry. When did Claude Delanoir ever cry? That was just not happening. Not over some chick.

What changed about the way he viewed her? He didn't really notice anything, but maybe that was the point. He'd always enjoyed spending time with her more than he was probably supposed to enjoy spending time with his bro's little sister.

Speaking of bros, where was Theo? Because Claude wasn't sure he could face him right now.

-------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:51 am

Well. This wasn't his room. In fact, who the fuck's was it? He was hungry. He wanted bacon. Was that Lynx he could smell? Where was the bacon? This floor wasn't comfortable, not one bit. Fuck this. He was going to find his own bedroom.

Stumbling from the mystery location, Theo yawned as he wobbled his way back across the building, trailing his hand against the wall as he tried to find his room. Opening the door to the dorm that he and Claude shared, he cheered a little as he saw his dormmate already in there.

"Sup, Clarice, baby boy!" he greeted, flopping down onto his back on the bed, not bothering to lift his legs from the floor. "I think I'm a slight snipsy little bit tipsyish. Um. Yeah. I must've been in Dave or Ollie's room or something stupid. Stupid." He giggled slightly, before smiling up at Claude. "You alright, m'dear?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 am

Claude jumped out his skin when the door to their room opened, surprisingly loudly. Oh right. There was Theo. Thank you fate. Not that he was ever upset to see his mate of course, but...there were better times.

He remained silent as Theo spoke to him, cracking a small smile in greeting. Maybe he should go drown himself in a lake or something instead? Could he drown? It was a good question.

Fucking Ollie.

Anger that was bubbling up inside of him snapped, along with the sound of some kind of pipe, the cracking of several bottles, shortly followed by the sprinkler that was fitted in the room to put out fires going off.

"Um," he glanced up, squinting at the water that was quickly soaking him. This hadn't happened in a while. "You don't have anything out that might get damaged by water, do you?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 am

Suddenly overwhelmed by tiredness, Theo smiled as he heard the sound of water and smashing and cracking overhead. Clearly someone was still having a good time. That was until he felt water drop onto his face. He wrinkled his nose.

"S'raining," he murmured, not moving until he heard Claude ask him a question. "Whadyamean?" he asked, opening his eyes and sitting up groggily, eyes finding the sprinkler and widening in realisation. "Oh. Wait. What the fuck?"

Well. This wasn't fun. Why was the sprinkler going off? He remained sitting on the bed in confusion, before looking blankly at his laptop. There were plugs in here, weren't there? "Why's it freaking raining? This is crap."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:24 am

He wasn't supposed to let these kinds of things happen around Theo. Around Theo he was supposed to be a nice, normal human, who didn't break things. This was all Ollie's fault. All Ollie and stupid, stupid Rhea.

Claude was beginning to panic. He had to stay calm. He had to find a way to not flood the room. The carpet was getting very, very wet.

"Shit, okay, this is okay, I can handle this," did he sound hysterical? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, it just happens sometimes when I get upset! Shitshitshit what if something else broke too-got to focus on one thing at a time, Claude-Theo, you don't know how to turn off the sprinklers, do you?" he was panicking more. "I just-Ollie and-bloody-!" he grimaced as he heard the sound of something else bursting. That sounded like it came from his closet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 am

Okay so the panic in Claude's voice was somewhat alarming. Plus the sounds of bursting. Theo frowned, head spinning a little. "Slow down, bro, slow down. What do you mean, it happens when you're - just. What?" He pushed himself to his feet and shook his head, standing wobbling on tiptoes as he pressed his palm to the sprinkler. It wasn't helping much. It was just making him wetter. And it was freezing. It did seem to have mildly sobering properties, mind.

"I only know how to set them off," Theo admitted, when he heard something burst from the closet. "Shitting hell, what was that? What the hell's going on?!" This must be a very vivid dream. Maybe it was a hallucination. There was a smell of electrics, too. Or maybe that was him being paranoid. Thoughts of bacon had almost been pushed from his head. Almost.

"Ollie and what?" Theo asked slowly. "I... I am so confused, what are you on?" What was he apologising for? What was going on? He slipped backwards and gasped as his feet became drenched. "Shit, my shoes! They're gonna be ruined!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am

Oh God oh God oh God this was so not going well. First he had to deal with Rhea and that stick, now he set off a chain reaction of water, and had to explain it to Theo. Maybe he could just let their stuff get ruined. He'd spent the past four or five years avoiding situations where he had to use his abilities, surely his stuff wasn't worth all that time and effort?

And then he had to explain the Oliver thing to? Damnit this just was not his day. Theo saying something about his shoes being ruined was the last straw; yes, his stuff was worth all that time and effort. He'd just have to improvise as far as dealing with Theo was concerned.

With one swoop of his hand he lifted the moisture out of the carpet, summoning all the water to the ceiling, though he still wasn't quite sure how he was going to turn off the sprinklers. Having a layer of water between them and the lights was actually kind of soothing.

"Can you open the window?" Claude asked, trying to give his best totally-calm smile, pretending this was totally natural. Which it totally was.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:19 am

Ugh wet feet wet feet wet feet. There was not a worse feeling than wet feet. Wet feet and wet room and wet Claude and upset Claude and upset shoes and no, this was not a good combination.

Theo grimaced, alternating from foot to foot as he tried to stem the flow and think and just function, when all of a sudden something ridiculous happened. The water had jumped. Above Claude's head. His feet were dry. The carpet was dry. He was dry. He was clearly very, very high. Because this was something that was just... not happening.

And Claude... Claude was evidently very high too, because he didn't seem to notice that he had water above his head. Or at least failed to act as if there was something unusual about this situation. Blank, Theo opened the window numbly, before sitting down on the edge of the bed, staring at Claude with his eyes somewhat wider than they should have been. Was he high? He could find no other explanation. He was going mad. He needed to go find the nurse. He had clearly ODed. Maybe he was actually dead. Because this shit was weird. This shit was very... he felt a bit dizzy.

"Claude. I think I've ODed. I don't recall doing anything, but I am having some shit weird hallucination right now," he croaked, continuing to stare absently at his friend. "I... what the fucking bollocking fuck is going on in this... Jesus."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 am

At least he wasn't screaming and running for the hills? Or maybe that just hadn't come yet. He kind of looked like he was in shock. Though he opened the window, Claude was really thankful that the window opened.

"You haven't ODed," Claude assured, though maybe he should run with this whole 'Theo is high' thing. He was more concerned with making the water flow out of the window right now though. Hopefully no one was wandering around outside. "There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, so don't panic. It's totally normal."

He needed a distraction.

"Your sister's a slut and slept with Oliver."

That was good enough for now. Though the reminder just had the water he was attempting to control begin to bubble. Right. Stay calm.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:59 am

"Are you sure?" Theo asked dazedly. He sounded kind of sure. But Theo could not find any other rational explanation for what had just happened. "Do you not wanna call nine-one-one just in case? Cos like, I might call nine-one-one. I really think someone should call nine-one-one- what do you mean it's perfectly natural?"

But he distracted him again with his next words. "Don't call my sister a slut! Why's she a slut now? She..." Did he hear that right? Did he hear that right? "She what?" He was definitely high. He was definitely on some weird acid trip or something. This was insane. "You... you... water... you... what... I... excuse me, I need a moment please."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am

Claude grimaced. "No, no, we don't need to call nine-one-one. This has...happened before. A few times. I have total control," how on earth did you explain this to a human-not that he wasn't one, of course. He was. He was human. "It's perfectly natural for me."

"I'm pretty sure that you've called her a slut before," Claude muttered, though he kind of felt bad about it. Even if it was true. "Let's just ignore the water for a moment, shall we?" Rhea sleeping with Oliver was probably less complicated than that. And less of a secret. "The water's just flowing out of the room happily, and we're going to find a way to turn off the sprinklers. Do you think they'll eventually run out?"

"Are you going to be okay? You're not like...do you need a lie down? Have a nap or something? Maybe wake up and then realise it was all a dream so we don't have to have these conversations?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:45 am

"Oh, it's happened before," Theo exclaimed, taking in a series of short Sharp breaths. "Just an average say, nothing unusual. Okay. Uh huh. Right. Okay." He wondered when the men in white coats would turn up to cart him away. It wouldn't be long, surely. "This is just a nice, normal day. Okay. Breathe."

He got momentarily distracted, protesting that it was his God-given right to accuse Rhea of being a slut as her older brother, until he remembered that there was an endless torrent of water flying out of a window over his head. This was hurting his brain.

Was he going to be okay? "Well, if I don't die from this overdose I think I may be." If he just didn't look it wouldn't be real. "Is this like a card trick or something?" And then the calmness subsided again, and all Theo could do was to scream "Oh my God Claude, how the fucking hell are you doing that bastarding twatting fuckery oh my God what just what?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 am

Seriously, how the hell did you turn off a sprinkler? Or did they just kind of...go off themselves? Cursing under his breath Claude made a body of water gather round the sprinkler, increasing the pressure until the device snapped and broke off, letting out a breath of relief as it seemed to stop. Just get the rest of it out the room.

"There, look, all gone!" he moved over to shut the window. "I'll pay for any damage, I promise. You didn't have many bottles lying around, did you? 'Cause I think a few of mine broke, but I don't know about yours." Yeah, he probably couldn't keep ignoring it.

He turned to Theo, sucking in a breath and putting his hands on Theo's shoulders. It would be fine. Theo was cool. He wouldn't freak out, no worse than he already was at least. "Just keep calm. I-it's hard to explain. I can do this, manipulate water, just like my dad. I'm an elemental."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:32 am

"Oh, yes, it's just gone," Theo repeated, his voice sounding almost squeaky. "Okay. Mmhmm." He was aware of Claude still talking, but for the life of him couldn't understand what it was his roommate was saying.

And then Claude's hands were on his shoulders and Theo looked up at him, waiting for his best mate to explain this bizarre situation (or call him an ambulance). Which only seemed to make it worse. He wondered whether he was supposed to laugh or cry. "You're... okay, Claude, I think you have also ODed." He shook his head, before letting his mouth drop slightly. "Oh. It just... runs in the family. Okay. You're an elemental. I... yep. This is just..."

There was no way this was true. Claude had clearly hit his head or something. But then Theo had seen it. He'd seen it with his own eyes. Oh gosh. This was not happening. This wasn't real. "I think I've actually gone mad," he said with a little incredulous giggle. This was... this was mad. "You're an elemental. Okay. Right. Wow."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Okay Claude was seriously starting to worry about Theo. Though he wasn't exactly sure he could say he knew what the boy was going through. He never really had to have the whole seventeen/eighteen years of not knowing about creatures-other humans with special abilities, only to be shown instead of gently told. Damn, he was a terrible friend.

Should he run with the whole OD thing? Or was that a bad course of action? Why in the four years at school did he never get told how to handle someone finding out about his powers?! Or did he and he just wasn't paying attention? That actually seemed pretty likely. He remembered someone saying 'just make sure it doesn't happen' at some point.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble if the teachers find out I've told you," shit he probably wasn't supposed to tell Theo that the teachers knew. This is just. "I-I'm sorry, Theo. I didn't mean to let you find out. I just-I got so angry, and-!" he swore again, moving to flop down on his own bed. "Fucking Oliver."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

"Stop apologising," Theo said, feeling his voice beginning to normalise. "Unless you spiked me. If you spiked me I'll be really upset, okay? Okay." So this wasn't a conversation he had every day. And he couldn't rationalise this at all. He had seen Claude lift water above his head. He had seen Claude break a sprinkler. But these weren't rational things, and so they couldn't have happened, could they? Could they?

"Um," he began, feeling like he should speak, but pretty uncertain of what to say. "Well um. So your family are like the Fantastic Four?" Why the fuck did you just say that? "Or you know, like those fairy girls from that show where they were elementals, WITCH or whatever it was called. God I fucking loved that show. Why am I still talking? It's like I can't stop."

Though it was clear that Claude had more pressing issues at hand, and Theo tried to ignore the fact that his brother from another mother was Poseidon or something and focus on what was going on. Because no one upset his bro. Standing up, he crossed to Claude's bed and sat back down again, nudging his best friend's legs out of the way so that he could sit better. "What's happened?" he asked. "Tell Auntie Theo."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claude Delanoir
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 am

Claude snapped his mouth shut, trying not to look too pathetic. No more apologising, right. "I didn't. Spike your drink," that was definitely not the excuse he wanted to roll with. That would be kind of worse than the current situation, because then Theo would be pissed at him.

"We're not really like the Fantastic Four, no," not really? Not at all. The idea of his dad in a superhero costume was amusing and scaring at the same time. "It's just me and my dad, with the water thing. My sister's a fire elemental. I guess if you want to put it into some kind of context you could say we're like those 'fairy girls', yeah."

This really shouldn't be amusing him so much.

Claude moved his legs as Theo nudged them, grimacing at the question. He wasn't sure he should really talk about it with Theo. Rhea was his sister, after all. Was this really the kind of thing that you discussed with a girl's brother? He wasn't sure he'd really appreciate it. Then again his sister was a little kid who was innocent. He'd freak out a bit if she just got a boyfriend at her age.

"It's about Rhea," Claude started, trying to phrase it in the nicest way possible. He did kind of feel bad about calling her a slut. Even if it was true. Shit what was wrong with him. "I found one of those sticks that blind people use for walking in her room, and she said it was Oliver's. And then said-she said that they'd-!" he choked on the words. "I don't know what I expected. It's not like we were..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theseus Capulet
Student
Student

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:21 am

"So you didn't even get the cool power? God Claude," Theo teased, elbowing his best friend and sighing. "I'm just going to ditch you and make best friends with Iréne."

"She slept with Oliver?" What? She slept with Oliver despite sleeping with Claude and then lead him to find out after having slept with her again? Jesus. He was going to have to have words with his sister. This was starting to sound reminiscent of his sophomore year. And they didn't speak about his sophomore year. "She cheated on you?" Was that a bit harsh? Were they in a relationship for her to cheat on? If anything, he was more confused. There was nothing else to do other than to hug the visibly upset Claude. Because Claude was his bro. And they were there for each other. Or something.

"Come on mate, come on," he said, pulling Claude towards him and hugging him to him. He didn't really care if this wasn't what you were expected to do in a masculine way. This was Claude, and Claude was upset. And Claude was never upset. And Claude would do the same for him. "You're alright. I don't know what the little bitch was thinking of, but I'll kill her if I have to. Come on, you're okay. You're fucking magic. Cling to that, that's a really cool party trick," he added jokingly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the children are crying make them stop.    

Back to top Go down

All the children are crying make them stop.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1